1. "If I told you a secret, you won't tell a soul / Will you hold it and keep it alive"
Love will come through, by Travis. First heard in the commercial for the movie Garden State.
2. "I reached inside myself and found / nothing there to ease the pressure of my ever-worrying mind"
The Sun Always Shines On TV, by A-ha. Sent to me by a friend, though I've always rather liked A-ha.
3. "Was an honest man / Asked me for the phone / Tried to take control"
Hard to Explain, by The Strokes. Heard it on The Wedge, sent the file by a friend. Never really liked the song.
4. "In the shadows of tall buildings / Of fallen angels on the ceilings"
Cathedrals, by Jump, Little Children. Sent by the same friend. Also didn't really care for.
5. "Taffy stuck and tongue-tied / Stutter shook and up-tight"
Colorblind, by Counting Crows. Must have heard it first during the movie Cruel Intentions. Never noticed it until my college roommate played it on the piano one day. Loved it so much I played it for three days in a row when I got the song.
6. "Girl, don't push too hard / I'll break, you see / I'm not that far" (No one will EVER get that one. XDD)
Whiskey Bottles, by Odin Red. Such a small band, they don't even have any music videos - this is a clip of them at edgefest. Used to babysit the drummer's kids.
7. "I like to play the drums / I think I'm getting good but I can handle criticism"
Doctor Worm, They Might Be Giants. Heard it on the Wedge years ago... always fount it amusing. XD
8. "Yes this is the campaign / Slithered entrails / In the cargo bay"
One Armed Scissor, by At The Drive In. From The Wedge, I think? This might have been one that was popular for a short time. Don't know why I got it... never really liked this song.
9. "Mary-ann and Wanda were the best of friends / All through their high school days"
Goodbye Earl, by the Dixie Chicks. Sent by a different friend.
10. "Spring starts when a heartbeat's poundin' / When the birds can be heard above the reckoning carts"
Poets, by The Tragically Hip. Really liked this song back when it first came out, for some reason. O_o Amusing number of cats in the video. XD
11. "WHY DO THEY ALWAYS SEND THE POOR! / Barbarisms by Barbaras / With pointed heels"
BYOB, System of a Down. Got this song as an effort to give SoaD another chance for a friend. Still just don't like them. T_T Like the singing voice in this and Chop Suey, hate the yelling voice. And these are the two songs by them I like the best.
12. "If you want to know how / To fly high, then go now"
Transylvanian Concubine, by Rasputina. First heard from the Wedge? Or maybe a demo disc my brother had? Remember being suprised to hear it in Buffy, season 2.
13. "Still don’t know what I was lookin for / And my time was running wild"
Changes, by Buterfly Boucher and Bowie. Sent by the same friend who sent alot of these.
14. "Then we'll have a dance, yeah a dance, on the head of a pin / And God will grin and shoo us away"
Eve of Destruction, Bishop Allen. Sent by the same friend.
15. "Tonight we're the sea and the salty breeze"
Sea and the Rhythm, by Iron and Wine. Found while trying out random songs by the band. Heard it was later used in an episode of the OC.
16. "Its close to midnight and something evils lurking in the dark"
Thiller, by Michael Jackson. Downloaded for use in a Masq skit.
17. "A love struck Romeo / Sings the streets a serenade"
Romeo and Juliet, by Dire Straits. Heard it first in Empire Records. It was in a bunch of movies around that time. XD Adore this song.
18. "Okay, I'm riding around in this car / With this woman I propose to a couple times a week"
I wish I was a Lesbian, Loudon Wainright III. Saw it the first time in this AMV, and almost died laughing. The song is hilarious and true - so many people have said these words. XD
19. "Feel the vibe feel the terror feel the pain / it's driving me insane"
Mad About You, by Hooverphonic. Saw it on the Wedge and fell in love with the video. I must have seen it a hundred times. Amazing song.
20. "She gave you everything she had / But she was young and dumb - she just turned 21"
Cherry Lips, by Garbage. First heard it in a rhythm game. Liked it better when it was the best song in a game, as opposed to a medocre song on my playlist.
So there you go. XDD